Huitt-Zollars' Fort Worth, Texas office has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer to lead our Plumbing Department. This role plans, designs and produces plumbing and fire protection for multiple commercial building projects. The successful candidate will have good leadership skills and indepth design experience in plumbing and fire protection systems. HZ is a full serivce design firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
- Draft and design plumbing and fire protection, piping and equipment for commercial developments including water systems, sanitary and storm systems, fire protection water systems, underground piping, sprays, and hydrants.
- General design and production of plumbing, fire protection systems, fire and gas detection systems, fueling and process piping drawings from preliminary stages to final construction drawings.
- Layout and size equipment, perform load calculations and investigate code requirements.
- Provide technical expertise during the design phase (schematic, design development) to coordinate spaces required for those systems.
- Coordinate between disciplines and produce working documents using AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the design, coordination and construction process.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in drafting and designing plumbing and fire protection systems
- PE or FPE preferred
- Knowledge of applicable codes and general engineering practices
- Strong AutoCAD and REVIT experience and Microstation is a plus
- knowledgeable in the design of domestic water, drainage, compressed air, vacauum and natural gas systems
- Solid understanding of fire protection design, building and NFPA Codes, and capable of conducting sprinkler system hydraulic calculations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively in a team environment, and lead a team.
HZ offers a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long/short-term disability plans and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: F122
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.