Plumbing Inspector Job Description
City of Boardman
September 2020 ________________________________________________________________
Residential, Commercial, Industrial
Monthly salary range: $1690.00 - $2210.00 DOE
Working hours: 0-10 hours per week not to exceed 40 hours per month
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
An employee in this position performs skilled, technical inspection work in securing compliance with the State Building Codes and related ordinances. Performsplumbing plan review and inspecting structures in the process of construction for compliance with the Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code, the Oregon Residential Specialty Code and any applicable ordinances. Other duties as assigned.
Works under the direct supervision of Building Official, however position requires a large degree of individual initiative, judgment and responsibility.
Supervision is not a regular responsibility of positions in this classification, but an incumbent will be expected to assist the general office clerk with the administrativeportion of assignments or inspections of a difficult or unusual nature.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Make field inspections on projects, demonstrated through possession of Building Code Agency Certifications, in a manner that ensures safe compliance with the State Building Code and related City and County Codes.
- Complete inspection forms, maintain a daily log of activities, prepare correspondence and notices of correction for appropriate remedy of deficiencies.
- Set inspection routine for the day.
- Provide the general public with information regarding plumbing regulations and the procedures required insuring compliance.
- Develop and maintain effective, harmonious and reasonable work relationships with others. Assists builders, owners, engineers and architects in determining how corrections may be made to achieve code compliance.
- Examines plans, drawings, and specifications for proposed construction projects within the scope of expertise required of this position. Works with customers to resolve difficulties or violations of codes.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION and TRAINING:
This position requires a high school diploma or GED,anOregon Inspector Certification and an Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code Inspector Certification or the ability to obtain one. Journeyman plumbing experience requirements to take the state certification exam varies for Oregon or out-of-state experience. Inspector certifications for additional disciplines is desirable.
Working knowledge of provisions of the Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code and Oregon One- and Two-Family Dwelling Code and related City and County Regulations. Practices and materials used in building construction and plumbing systems. Skill at using a computer and common office productivity software. Special skill in evaluating construction methods reading and interpreting building and plumbingplans, reading and interpreting plumbing codes and applying them to specific situations. Requires sufficient English language skill to write reports and document inspections. Requires sufficient human relations skill to explain technical building information and code requirements to knowledgeable and laypersons. Requires the skills and tact to resolve conflict in a positive manner with others that may be upset and angry.
Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions and adhere to prescribed departmental routines and policies.
Requires the ability to carry out the essential functions of this position. Requires the ability to read and interpret plans, drawings, and engineering specifications, and apply them to codes, regulations and ordinances. Requires the ability to learn and apply federal, state, and City regulations, codes, laws and ordinances. Requires the ability to observe and document code compliance. Requires the ability to work cooperatively with the general public. Requires the ability to work as a contributing member of a team, work productively and cooperatively with other teams and external customers, and convey a positive image of the City and its services.
Must be bondable; must successfully complete screening examinations and background checks.Must have a valid State Driver’s License.
This job description does not constitute employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Monthly pay regardless of hours worked.