We are looking for a Plumbing Project Engineer I��to join our Pasadena office!
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Reporting directly to the Project Executive with indirect supervision and daily instruction from assigned Project Engineer III, this position is responsible for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. This position assists with planning and scheduling of assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and ACCO standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project team members, including external customers and vendors.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Job # Generation/Contracts/COI/Bond/Certified Payroll/OCIP/Contract Register with Complete Budget information/Bid Tracer (Job Set-up)
- Job Folder Set-up
- Schedule of Value submission for approval
- Profit Tool - Report Support
- Bid Tracer Set-up and maintenance
- Create & Maintain Plan grid, as designated, per job
- Safety Documentation
- Permits & City License Coordination (as needed)
- Sub Coordination with Purchasing
- T&M Recap
- Maintain all RFI, RFC logs
- Printing of Plans for PM, Foreman, etc.�
- Follow up with Purchasing PO approvals and payment status
- Collections follow up (as needed)
- Process approved change order execution & Contract Directives
- Release & Billing Coordination with Billing Department
- Warranty letters & job close out
- PE II training - O&M's Submittals
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required. Candidates with equivalent work experience will also be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- High sense of integrity
- Solid organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including ability to listen proactively
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, especially when conducting job site walks.
- Must posses & maintain a valid class �c� driver�s license and have the ability to drive a vehicle.
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.