We are looking for a Plumbing Project Manager to join our Commerce office!
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
Under the direction of a �PM II & Senior Project Manager, this position will be primarily training under the assigned PM, responsible for the business development, sales engineering and estimating, project management and closure of construction contracts. �Successful performers in this position will have the ability to develop, maintain and enhance ongoing client relationships and take on small to mid-size projects from start to finish.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
With day to day supervision from the PM II & SR PM, the PM I is responsible for successfully carrying out the following duties:
- Management of designated Plumbing/Piping from initial turn-over to closeout
- Oversee and maintain compliance with contract obligation
- Provide and maintain project budgets and Schedule of Values
- Creation and updating of project construction task schedules
- Oversight and management of document control (RFI's, Submittals, Cors) for all assigned projects
- Ensure all monthly pay requests/client billings are accurate and timely.
- Sub-contractor management
- Weekly job cost control/monitoring
- Assist in the A/R collections
- Change Order Estimating/ negotiations/ management
- Assist in the material and equipment buyouts on assigned projects.�
- Utilization and Collaboration with support operations (BIM/Detailing, Fab, Warehouse, Field operations.)
- Maintain Cal-OSHA Safety adherence on all projects.
- Supervision of all AAP project activity, from reward of contract to successful job completion.
- Provide supervision, leadership, and coordination of all APP/ACCO department efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction, and Service during project construction in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of positive relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors, and the industry.
- Scheduling and coordination of pre-construction job meetings with department heads and supervisors.
- Contributes to and participates in special studies, committees, etc., to advance ACCO's technical abilities in engineering, planning and estimating, installation procedures, etc.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- 4 year College degree related Mechanical engineering or Business discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 6 or more years of experience in project management support role
- High sense of integrity
- Solid organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills, including the ability to listen proactively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - �including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs � Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.