Job Title: Project Manager – Large Telecom Company
Location: Bloomington, MN
Responsible for supporting the transport engineering team with projects such as the cell build program, TDM re-grooming, Fiber to Cell, Ethernet Backhaul, and small cells.
- Responsible for sending out request for proposals to transport vendors to obtain price quotes for transport related services via our internal system named TESS which is PeopleSoft based.
- Responsible for submitting circuit orders (ASRs) for T1s, Trunks, Ethernet Backhaul, DS3, OCx, and dark fiber.
- Strong background in trunking type 2A and 2B because most of the ASRs will be for trunk groups.
- Negotiating with transport vendors for timely delivery of service and managing the vendors for a timely completion.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate records are populated via the Granite Xng database.
- Responsible for working with internal VzW teams and transport vendors to coordinate re-groom projects.
- Willing to take direction from multiple team members and be very well organized.
- Has the potential to assist with program management so must be able to effectively leading a conference call and tracking projects.
- 2 year associate degree
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications with focus on transport.
- Strong networking experience to include Layer-1, Layer-2, & Layer-3 principles.
- Experience with the Telcordia Granite Inventory (formerly Xpercom/Xng) circuit inventory system.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Decision making skills (making appropriate use of available information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support from Manager; and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes.)
- Superior organizational and planning skills (setting and communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; and consistently following up on outstanding items).
- Ability to maintain performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty and to effectively deal with situations for which few or no guidelines exist.
- Flexible and creative (seeks out and attempts alternate solutions to resolve issues, and seamlessly adjusts to a dynamic, changing business environment).
- Valid driver’s license required.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178