SCOPE OF POSITION
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager. Supervises all inbound and outbound logistics as it relates operational, dock, and driver operations. Will directly supervise all assigned personnel with Milwaukee’s inbound and outbound operations. Will work consistently with other terminal and company managers to define the requirement if operations to ensure that the implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively exceed customer requirements and expectations. Consistently develops action plans to improve customer performance metrics. Ensures timely and accurate delivery schedules are developed based on customer needs and operational requirements. Performs monitoring and follow-up duties for accuracy and load efficiency.
Ensures efficient, effective and productive operations of the Milwaukee Terminal. Responsible for staffing, training/development and supervision of assigned personnel. Assists with and performs duties of assigned personnel as may be required. Communicates with customers and managers to facilitate 100% service levels for Tax-Air’s client base. Is familiar with and promotes Tax-Air’s philosophy and commitment to safety and security.
1. Promotes & maintains a flexible, cooperative, team-oriented & customer-focused attitude within & between departments & terminals.
2. Ensures effective, efficient, & timely customer relations. Projects & maintains a high-level, positive, & professional business attitude at all times.
3. Ensures efficient and effective utilization of facilities and personnel under their direction.
4. Assists in the development of new procedures and protocols, conducts special projects and ensures consistent refinement of procedures.
5. Ensures new or revised policies and procedures are communicated to assigned personnel and monitors the progress of such implementations.
6. Assists in the recruitment and selection of operational, dock, and driving candidates.
7. Accompanies & assists sales staff with direct customer calls and visits.
8. Plans, organizes, and manages the work of subordinate staff to ensure the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational strategies.
9. Sets work schedules, allocates resources effectively, and insures processes are followed to meet turn-time metrics.
10. Effectively assists in the operations for all departments. Consistently enforces Tax-Air’s customer expectations and service metrics upon those precise departments and drivers. Initiates Corrective/Preventative Action as needed or required.
11. Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
12. Demonstrates the desire and ability to learn new methods or ideas. Able to adjust to changing tasks, priorities, or to learn new procedures & protocols.
13. Interfaces with other employees performing logistical requirements within the customers’ Supply Chain.
14. Sets up & maintains files, records & databases as required within areas of responsibilities.
15. Manages driver and dock operations for his/her shift to insure on-time delivery in a precise and cost effective manner.
16. Provides & maintains daily, monthly & quarterly reports to corporate on a monthly basis.
17. Handles customer or employee complaints, settling disputes, and resolving conflicts, or otherwise, negotiating with others.
18. Conduct employee training sessions on subjects such as new computer platforms/interfaces, new employee orientation, quality improvement, and office procedures & efficiency metrics.
19. Will assist in developing criteria, application instructions, and procedural manuals for all Tax-Air applications and software platforms.
20. Ensures efficient and effective unloading, loading, and processing if all Milwaukee Terminal freight.
21. Maintains files, enters shipments, prints paperwork, & scans BOL’s/Delivery Receipts for all clients.
22. Schedules assigned personnel to make certain we have proper operational and driver coverage.
23. Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution to solve problems.
24. Keeps supervisor informed of all pertinent issues & information warranting their attention, action &/or resolution.
25. Other duties as may be required.
1. Able to work in a fast paced, varied/changing priority & stressful environment with a solid understanding of Tax-Air’s freight business.
2. 3-5 years in an LTL/Airfreight/Distribution role is preferred. Associates degree preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
3. Must have an excellent judgment and decision making orientation. He/she must consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions. Choose the most appropriate/viable action.
4. Solid leadership, administrative, and supervisory skill-set.
5. Knowledge in transportation, Lean Logistics, and ISO Quality practices a plus.
6. Must have an excellent time management orientation. Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
7. Must possess excellent computer skills with Microsoft applications.
8. Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods within the supply chain.
9. Excellent organizational, inter-personal communication, and customer relations skills.
10. Team orientated with excellent motivation, written/verbal communication, negotiating, and problem solving skills.
11. Able to travel to select customer locations and project a professional business image at all times.