The goal of the PM Tech Sterilizer is to optimize the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of sterilizer and related equipment used for patient care by providing periodic inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs, and calibration and customer support for HSS customers and their mission. This position preventative maintenance on equipment in accordance with established HSS policies and procedures. In addition to sterilizers OR lights, OR tables, Washers, and Ultrasonic cleaners are also serviced. Works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Performs service work and maintenance of medical equipment and ensures completion of the percentage requested by manager.
* Resolves issues pertaining to the medical equipment and works with other shop staff to ensure equipment and technology is working within specifications.
* Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work related activities as specified by manager.
* Performs scheduled inspections and testing as asked.
* Provides support of the equipment repair process such as following up on customer questions, attending meetings, support of field service engineers, and research issues.
* Perform repetitive job tasks required in the servicing and maintaining functuality of equipment.
* Provides all other support as requested by manager.
* Cleaning and preparing parts and assemblies for replacement
* Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, guests, and visitors.
* Work with equipment to meet regulatory requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology.
* Actively works to gain more knowledge and experience.
* Overnight travel may be required periodically.
*High School diploma or GED
* Experience repairing mechanical and/or electrical equipment
* Broad experience with hand tools, power tools, , electrical equipment
* General experience operating electronic and specialized test equipment; trouble-shooting equipment faults; and performing quality assurance testing on a variety of equipment
* General knowledge of regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes and procedures regarding safety and OSHA.
* Ability to drive company owned commercial vehicles,
* Ability to work ambidextrously assembling small parts and wiring harnesses.
* General mechanical, and electrical knowledge.
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
* Ability to read and interpret schematics to include wiring diagrams.
* Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
* Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software
* Ability to perform general arithmetic
* Ability to perform duties with a high level of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand and walk for extended periods of time working with various medical and repair equipment and wearing personal protective equipment in a health care or medical environment. The ability to lifting 55lbs without assistance, work in confined spaces, and at heights or on ladders is required. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. May be required to push, or pull up to 400 lbs. (may request assistance). Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals and materials, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments. Individual will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled