PAPÉ MACHINERY, INC. – CONSTRUCTION & FORESTRY DIVISION – NEWARK, CA
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / MECHANIC: Position will perform preventative maintenance on heavy equipment in accordance with agreements between Papé Machinery and its customers. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing preventative maintenance tasks on all makes and models of heavy equipment.
- Performing lube quickly and efficiently within industry standard times.
- Performing minor repairs on all makes and models of heavy equipment.
- Perform machine inspection for any required repairs.
- Performing assigned tasks in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Preparing required documentation accurately and timely, including work orders, parts lists and time cards.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of equipment and product technology.
Applicants should have some experience in diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of new and used heavy equipment. Must be a self-starter, able to work without direct supervision, and have the discipline and skill to complete a technical diagnostic and repair training program. Applicant must have own tools and a Class C CDL with a good driving record, including the ability to pass a hazmat background check. Must be available for alternative shift hours.
- High School or better
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- Driver License
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.See job description