The AVP/VP of Institutional Sales is a licensed securities professional serving local governments in the state of Florida with fixed income and FLSAFE (a Local Government Investment Pool) products/services. This position will be accountable for expanding PMA market share and revenue growth within Florida and is responsible for prospecting and building a pipeline of new business opportunities for PMA in Florida, and specifically for the FLSAFE Fund. This position will partner with and report to the SVP of Sales and Relationship Management located in Orlando, FL in marketing/sales strategies and sales execution. Knowing that services/products that PMA provides are related, the AVP/VP Institutional Sales is responsible for collaborating with other service delivery groups within PMA to position PMA/FLSAFE for success in onboarding new client opportunities and for growth. The AVP/VP Institutional Sales is required to have a working knowledge of FL Local governments and the various services/products/solutions of the firm and FLSAFE. Ultimately the AVP/VP institutional sales success will be measured on their achievement of a range of goals with their primary goal being growth of investment balances from new and existing clients within the state of Florida.
- Consistently demonstrates exceptional internal and external service with prospects and clients, along with the core values: Integrity, Commitment and Performance.
- Working knowledge of PMA’s target client base in Florida.
- Ability to develop a robust pipeline of sales prospects
- Active call and meeting schedule to ensure conversion of prospects to clients and clients to investment balances for PMA and FLSAFE
- Diligent utilization of CRM and other tools for an organized and documented sales plan, sales habits, and sales success
- Travel to client and prospect meetings, conferences, seminars, FLSAFE board meetings and other.
- Active communication with other PMA sales professions and business lines to best serve clients and best achieve business success for PMA
- Active engagement with PMA’s marketing team to support sales success in FL
- Participation in client/prospect trade associations, including conference attendance, exhibit booths, speaking engagements, etc.
- Spearheads exceptional, long lasting client relationships to achieve new revenue and growth goals.
- Steward of compliance, coordinates with company staff to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations and reports.
- Assure alignment of PMA goals and objectives as they pertain to product and service delivery.
- Monitor/coordinate all sales related activities.
- Leverage relationships and knowledge of industry to mine for sales leads.
- Market all PMA products and services to new clients.
- Responsible for implementation for marketing initiatives.
- Promote PMA as a full financial services provider through seminars, conferences, etc.
- Promote FLSAFE for all prospects and clients who are eligible to participate in the Fund
- Make presentations and demonstrates product and services to inform current clients and to attract new clients.
- Develops and maintains long lasting productive relationships with customers.
- Assists in the development and recommendation of plans for expansion of existing programs, operations and financial activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience
- Proven experience selling financial and investment related products and services to local governments in Florida is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A,) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience helpful.
Preference for candidate to possess Regulatory Licensures: S7, S63, S50
PMA Financial Network, Inc. is a highly collaborative environment with cross-functional relationships with various Lines of Businesses for Strategic Growth. The AVP/VP Institutional Sales will be engaged across all working groups and levels; while demonstrating exceptional leadership and collegiate, mentoring relationships.