AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY) is one of the largest primary and specialty care practices in New York. With 38 medical offices in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and on Long Island, ACPNY aspires to be a home for health for the patients it cares for and the communities it serves. This vision is accomplished through a whole-you care approach that recognizes for each patient the physical, mental, and lifestyle factors that impact their health. The values that drive ACPNY include a commitment to diversity, an unyielding desire to deliver high-quality care, and community-driven collaboration. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, ACPNY strives to always create healthier futures for its patients.
We are seeking a Podiatry trained physician to join us in pursuit of high quality patient care.
The Ideal Candidate
- One to three years of Podiatry clinical experience in an outpatient setting.
- Ability to diagnose and treat a wide variety of dermatology conditions and improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competency in diagnosis and treatment to assure high standards of patient care and safety are maintained.
- Patient-centered approach toward a positive patient experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in Population Health Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat a wide variety of diseases and conditions, such as deformities or injuries of the foot.
- Provide treatment for foot and ankle, prescribing special shoe inserts (orthotics) to improve a patient’s mobility.
- Perform foot and ankle surgeries, such as removing bone spurs and correcting foot and ankle deformities.
- Recommends suitable management for the patient, including but not limited to, preventive health recommendations and habits.
- Prescribes medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management plans.
- Provides relationship-centered care, taking into account the patient’s psychosocial and physical needs.
- Collects, records, and maintains patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results. Complete and ensures accuracy of patient medical records.
- Communicates effectively with the clinical team to ensure total delivery of quality care.
- Participates in medical staff educational programs and meetings.
Education & Experience
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) degree from an accredited college of podiatric medicine.
- Completion of three-year post graduate medical training from an accredited Podiatric Residency program.
- Seeking both experienced and newly trained providers
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Podiatric Medicine
- Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure.
- Must possess Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
- Must possess Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll.
- BLS or ACLS certification required but both strongly preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office.
Medical Office Hours of Operation
- Monday-Wednesday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- Thursday 8:00AM – 8:00PM
- Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Saturday 8:00AM – 1:00PM
Competitive Benefit Package
- Competitive Base Salary
- Sign-on Bonus
- Malpractice Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan