To provide early intervention assessment, referrals and clinical case management services to persons in the community that are identified by Lakewood Police Agents as possibly having mental health issues. To provide information, education, liaison, and transition services to various networks within Jefferson Center for Mental Health (Jefferson Center) and with federal, state, and community based agencies and resources. To meet the contractual obligations of a sole source contract with the Lakewood Police Department. To provide training and on-going education for officers to increase awareness of crisis de-escalation, mental health issues and intervention. To provide family members with necessary information and education to further assist persons with mental illness and for themselves.
- Accompany LPD agents on mental health related calls in the community, triage, provide crisis intervention, assess needs and provide resources, link with treatment
- Assessment of all referrals to determine appropriateness for services at Jefferson Center
- Provide case management services including linking to services, monitoring, follow-up, and crisis management for consumers
- Provide services to meet need: office based, community based, or in the consumer’s home
- Make appropriate referrals to and act as liaison with community agencies, service providers, and natural support systems
- Provide in-reach and out-reach at designated facilities as assigned/appropriate
- Collaboration with consumers, family members, and significant others in identifying strengths and needs in identifying treatment needs
- Work with consumer and family/support system for appropriate service delivery
- Provide assistance in developing community-based resources for social, vocational, and leisure skills
- Maintain communication and links with other Jefferson Center programs e.g. Access, Inpatient, Outpatient, Navigation and Wellness programs
- Coordination for emergency services when clinically indicated/medically necessary; risk/lethality assessment (including inpatient admission)
- Resource acquisition and assistance with application for benefits and entitlements in collaboration with Benefits/Navigation Team
- Assist consumers with basic needs such as housing, food, clothing, medical and dental care, legal, vocational, and psychiatric services
- Provide on-going training and educational opportunities for officers to increase awareness of de-escalation, mental health and intervention
- Provide family members with necessary information and education to further assist clients and themselves
- Participate in team meetings, clinical staffings, and clinical consultation as scheduled
- Utilize clinical practice guidelines, Jefferson Center and State Division of Mental Health standards for appropriate service delivery
- Appropriately screen and assess referrals for admission into the CJMH program or other Jefferson Center Networks; document, process and organize referrals in a timely manner
- Coordinate consumer needs and fosters relationships while working with LPD and other criminal justice representatives (jail, courts, etc…)
- Manage and maintain accurate and timely data collection and documentation database
- Work with management team on reports, presentations as assigned
- Submit 90% of all Progress-to-Date forms within 3 working days (team specific)
- Complete 95% of all paperwork by the due date
- Satisfactorily complete 90% of peer review charts needing corrections within 14 calendar days (only areas for which staff is responsible)
- Complete 95% of case closing within 90 days after last contact
Other Duties (Professional Growth/Development/Community/Relationships & Productivity Performance Measures):
- Attend mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan as required
- Participate in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Report high risk/problem cases, and utilize a problem solving approach/utilize feedback
- Use language and behavior to promote dignity/respect with consumers, Jefferson Center staff and external customers
- Continually strive for self-improvement and be motivated to learn new skills to benefit consumer and Jefferson Center
- Attend supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
- Ensure that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Network Director
- Meet required number of consumer service hours as determined by Network Director and/or Clinical Manager
- Exhibit enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment
- Maintain effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public
- Demonstrate cultural competency/awareness/skills in working with diverse caseload and utilizes Jefferson Center resources/trainings as needed
- Effectively respond to client/consumer needs and problems, initiate and maintain positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, pages, email, etc
- Work cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor.
- Volunteer to work on Jefferson Center committees
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university, plus one to two years related experience and/or training. Licensure preferred but not required.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required.
- CAC II or III preferred but not required
- Colorado Drivers License and Current Motor Vehicle Report Required.