Serves as a commissioned law enforcement officer responsible for protecting persons and property for the University of Houston. Endeavors to detect and prevent crime in order to maintain peace, order and security.
High school and No experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. No experience is required. Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information: Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply and will receive preference in employment over other applicants for the same position who do not have a greater qualification.
The applicant must have successfully completed a TCOLE basic licensing course and passed the TCOLE licensing examination, or be within 45 days of completion of a TCOLE recognized basic peace officer licensing course.
Salary will be based on years of experience:
• Police Officer I: 0 – 3 years ($42,000)
• Police Officer II: 4 – 7 years ($44,000)
• Police Officer III: 8 plus years ($46,000)
Additional Monetary Benefits:
• Special Event overtime pay
• Uniforms & equipment provided
• Paid University Holidays
• Education Incentive after probationary period
• State Benefits, Longevity Pay and Retirement
• Tuition benefits up to 3 hours/week based on eligibility
• Hazardous duty pay of $10 a month for each 12-month period of
lifetime service credit
Additional Job Prerequisites:
Candidate for hire must have/or be able to obtain a Texas Driver’s License at the time of a bona fide job offer.
An applicant is required to pass multiple phases: i.e.:
• Multiple types of reviews
• Tests (oral and written)
• Background check clearance
Applicants who do not pass their entrance exam will eligible to re-test in 30 days, up to three tries. After three attempts, the applicant will be eligible to re-apply after three months, if there is a Police Officer job posted.
Salary:Salary will commensurate with experience
Required Attachments by Candidate:Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Job Posting:May 23, 2019, 1:54:40 PM