LATERAL POLICE OFFICER
A lateral police officer is someone who has completed at least 3 years of continuous service and is in good standing with his/her current/most recent police agency as a sworn police officer (responsible for 9-1-1 calls) for a recognized state, county or city (municipal) entity.
Want to know what it's like to work for the Albany Police Department? Click this recruitment video to see why you should consider being a Police Officer for the Albany Police Department, serving and protecting Albany's citizens and community.
Salary Range: $5,164 to $6,502 per month (Salary placement contingent upon qualifications to include years of service as a certified police officer, and any training/assignments in special law enforcement areas. Example hourly rates below with example incentives:)
|Pay Step||Step B||Step C||Step D||Step E||Step F|
|Base Pay Per Hour||$31.18||$32.61||$34.21||$35.87||$37.51|
|*Lateral Experience||3 Years||4 Years||5+ Years|
|Two-Year Degree (3%) + ORPAT (2%)||$32.74||$34.24||$35.92||$37.66||$39.39|
|Four-Year Degree (6%) + ORPAT (2%)||$33.67||$35.22||$36.95||$38.73||$40.51|
|Applicants may also be eligible for up to 6% DPSST certification pay with a combined education and certification maximum of 10% of applicant’s base rate of pay.|
*Dependent on experience.
Salary Incentives: The following salary incentives shall be applied to monthly base salary upon hire if applicable/approved, and/or as received and assigned/approved.
- 2% incentive for successfully passing ORPAT *
- 6% incentive for Bachelor's Degree **
- 3% incentive for Associate's Degree **
- 6% incentive for DPSST Advanced Certification
- 3% incentive for DPSST Intermediate Certification
- 5% incentive for Spanish Advanced Level
- 3% incentive for Spanish Intermediate Level
- 5% incentive for Field Training Officer assignment
- 5% incentive for School Resource Officer assignment
- 5% incentive for Detective assignment
** Degree may be in any field of study.
NOTE: Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, total education and DPSST certification incentive combined will not exceed ten (10%) percent at one time.
New Hire Incentives:
Up to $5,000 reimbursement of one-time moving related expenses for out-of-area lateral police officers moving to Albany, Oregon. (Must live further than 50 miles from Albany, Oregon to be eligible for moving expense reimbursement.)
- City-provided uniforms, duty weapon, equipment, and uniform cleaning.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Annual firearms range membership paid by City.
Upon review of application materials and, if selected, an initial abbreviated, i.e., "speed" interview, successful candidates will be invited for the remaining screening process to be completed as follows, if possible:
- Trip one: Formal interview (oral board) and background interview. Each step must be successfully completed before moving to the next.
- Trip two: If successful in each of the steps in the first trip, the applicant may receive a conditional offer of employment and may be scheduled for a psychological and medical evaluation.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Location: Albany, Oregon