Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Police Officer to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest - Houston, Texas
Police Officer - Security
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Consults with and keep supervisors informed, needs and problems in assigned areas.
- Patrols hospital buildings and premises to prevent fire, theft, vandalism and intruders. Monitors conduct of visitors on hospital premises; comforts unauthorized persons for questioning as needed.
- Reports safety and/or fire hazards or security violations.
- Responds to inquiries for advice or assistance from hospital personnel, students and visitors; assists in interviewing in physical confrontations with violet persons.
- Responds to a code for violet person assistance(Code 22 code calls).
- Participates in investigations; maintains records and prepares incident reports and other documents pertinent to security activities.
- Secures and/or unlocks offices and facilities, if needed.
- May assist in parking control and traffic flow; enforces parking regulations.
- Responds to scene and provides necessary controls involving disaster, fires, alarms, codes or emergencies.
- Assists with the implementation of an ongoing program training for personnel assigned to the Security Department and in other areas of the hospital as indicated.
- Maintains services in accordance with the standards established by the hospital, state and local standards.
- Maintains all equipment and supplies required in the provision of departmental services in optimum operational status with recommendations for procurement or replacement of equipment as needed.
- Insures appropriate utilization of all supplies and equipment within the department.
- Facilitates communication between the Security Department and other hospital departments to enhance services.