THIS IS A PART-TIME LAW ENFORCEMENT POSITION WITH THE CITY OF DEARBORN
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
SALARY: $25.00 Per Hour
MAXIMUM HOURS PER WEEK: 28 hrs
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE in Law Enforcement or two years of related college-level coursework or a Bachelor or higher degree in any discipline.
- Current Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) certification as a Police Officer. Information on MCOLES can be found at http://www.michigan.gov/msp or by calling (517) 322-1417. Apply directly with testing centers.
- Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation as determined by a post-job-offer physical examination.
- Must meet all employment standards for Michigan Law Enforcement Officers as established by MCOLES including:
1) A valid driver's license and good driving record.
2) Good moral character and no record of criminal convictions (including expungements).
3) U. S. Citizenship.
4) Minimum age, 18 years.
AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION YOU MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING OR
YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED:
1) Applications must be submitted online at www.cityofdearborn.org.
2) Official college transcripts or copy of request submitted to college.
The results at each step in the application process will determine eligibility for continuation to subsequent steps. The process will include application review, personal history questionnaire, oral-board interview, background investigation, and chief's interview.
All candidates may be required to successfully complete an abbreviated Field Training Program.
- Please do not submit picture IDs with online application.
- Must satisfactorily complete medical and psychological examinations prior to start date.