ABOUT THIS POSITION
Police reserve recruits volunteer their time while attending the Phoenix Police Reserve Academy operated at the Phoenix Regional Police Academy (PRPA) to learn various topics related to law enforcement. The Reserve academy is a part-time nine-month long program (Weds/Thurs evening, Saturday all day). Upon successful completion of the academy, police reserve recruits are sworn and promoted to Police Reserve Officer.
Police Reserve Officers are full-authority police officers who volunteer their time performing the same job functions as a career police officer. Police Reserve Officers are required to volunteer a minimum of 60 hours per quarter (240 hours per year), attend four quarterly reserve meetings, and participate in four special events per year. For additional information regarding the Phoenix Police Reserve program, please visit www.phoenixpolicereserve.org
First review of applications will occur every two weeks starting July 9, 2018.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
This is a volunteer (unpaid) position.
- Applicants must be at least 20 years old by the date of application and 21 years old by academy graduation.
- Applicants are required to successfully complete the Phoenix Police Reserve Academy training in accordance with AZ-POST requirements.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Have completed high school or have a GED.
- Be in sound physical and mental health.
- Have 20/20 vision in each eye, correctable to 20/20 in each eye.
- Positions in the Police Department must meet the polygraph and background standards that are appropriate to sworn positions. The general factors for disqualification are listed at https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/sworndisqualifiers.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information via cell phone, desktop, laptop, or tablet. You are NOT required to attach a resume or cover letter.
If you have not already successfully completed your physical agility test with a reserve recruiter, please go to https://www.phoenixpolicereserve.org/scheduling.html and sign up for a physical agility test date. If you do not see a date on the calendar that you can attend, then contact a reserve recruiter at 602-534-9000 to schedule a date.
After successful completion of the physical agility evaluation, you will be asked to fill out an AZ-POST background investigation form which will be turned into Police Personnel and Employee Development. You will then participate in the background investigation portion of the process. For more details on this please visit https://www.phoenixpolicereserve.org/hiring-process.html
NOTE: If you have already successfully completed your physical agility test with a reserve recruiter, please contact them directly (602-534-9000) and advise them that the online application has been submitted.
PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST:
The physical agility evaluation is designed to give the applicant a chance to demonstrate his/her physical condition. The minimum percentage pass rate is 40%, based on current Cooper's physical fitness standards. Applicants must also scale a six-foot block wall: https://www.phoenix.gov/police/joinphxpd/physical-fitness-standards
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 494-5700.
Police Reserve, JC: 99999, ID# 27645, 7/1/18, 12 mos, DD, No Benefits: Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.