Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs’ mission is to build tools that help people feel connected, anytime, anywhere. We enable depth of connection through social presence — the feeling that you’re right there with another person and sharing the same space, regardless of physical distance. Rather than distracting us and taking us away from the people around us, tomorrow’s AR and VR devices will melt away, letting us connect and be truly present with the people and moments that matter most.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Policy Communications leader to join the FRL communications team. This person will be a strategic member of the team that's responsible for leading external and internal communications for all of Facebook's AR, VR and consumer hardware, including Oculus and Portal. A passion for AR/VR technology and the ability to move fast in fluid situations is key. In this role, you will work in policy communications for FRL, focusing on a variety of topics including privacy, security, and consumer health and safety.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of consumer hardware, excel at working under tight deadlines, be comfortable working on emerging technologies and have experience collaborating closely with a wide range of executives. Candidates must demonstrate a strong bias for action and have experience managing complex communications in a highly visible industry. This individual excels at working collaboratively with high-level executives and colleagues alike, understands the importance of tone and can consistently deliver high-quality work, even under severe time constraints.
1. Work on policy communications for Facebook Reality Labs, managing a wide variety of initiatives, including privacy and security communications.
2. Create sustainable programs that help educate the press, policy makers and other groups on our AR/VR products and vision.
3. Draft messaging and press responses, manage in-bound press inquiries on a range of issues.
4. Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams including policy, legal, product, and engineering across Oculus and Facebook.
5. Forge deep relationships with the media and build creative partnerships with public and private organizations.
6. Develop and pitch stories, prepare messaging and blog posts, support product launches.
7. Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Political Science, Communications or related field
8. 5+ years of work experience in policy communications or related field
9. A background in technology or consumer products
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.