Frontier Performance Polymers Corporation located in Parsippany, New Jersey, is a multi-disciplined engineering company focusing on delivering and commercializing advanced material and system solutions to defense industry. Please visit www.frontierpolymer.com to learn more.
We are looking for an outstanding technologist who has expertise in advanced material, processing, design and manufacturing in one of the following disciplines:
- Senior Plastic Processing Engineer with experiences in operating and managing production-scale twin screw compounder, sheet/film extrusion line and unidirectional film drawing line. Excellent plastic material and processing knowledge is required.
- Adhesive Chemist with knowledge of high temperature epoxy resin (anhydride based) development.
- Senior Automation Engineer with knowledge and hand-on experiences of automation control and production process development. Ability to design and implement the automation process development is required.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer with practical experiences in component and system design and optimization utilizing FEA and CAD. Knowledge in production mold design and fabrication, and/or prototype fabrication using CNC milling or lathe.
- Polymer Material Development Scientist with hand on experiences in advance polymeric materials, nanocomposite, UV or heat cured hard coating, super high strength and high impact resistant material, etc.
To qualify for this challenging position: the candidate must possess a BS degree with more than 10 years’ industrial experiences or a PhD degree with more than two years' hand-on research experiences in the fields of chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or material sciences.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
Execute material developments, study processing factors, produce prototype parts, execute performance testing, optimize manufacturing processes and assist the commercialization efforts. Ensure that projects are completed successfully and meet the project deadlines and milestones. Conduct experiments and collect data, and record all the data and discoveries in the laboratory notebook. Analyze the experimental data and results to optimize the performance and cost goals. Prepare bids and proposals within the target deadline. Analyze experimental results and communicate it through written reports and oral presentations. Provide weekly and monthly technical reports. Deliver high quality project final reports. Present project progresses to internal management or outside customers in weekly/monthly briefing or update meetings.
- The successful candidate must be a permanent resident or citizen of US to be allowed to handle ITAR data.
- Must possess excellent technical skills, demonstrate project execution ability and be able to focus on details to ensure project's success.
- Must be willing to take ownership, love to take challenges, have the ability to overcome technical barriers and be self-motivated.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines and handling multiple projects and assignments.
- Experience with technical proposal or report writing is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
- Experiences and success records with program manager by leading a technical team to achieve technical and commercial objectives are a big plus.
- Strong work ethic, good team player and able to handle pressure.
Salary Range: $80,000 to $140,000 annually depending upon the qualification, achievements and experiences.
Benefit includes paid holidays, sick days, vacation days, medical/dental insurance, performance bonus, company contributed 401K and profit sharing in accordance with the company’s policies.
For immediate consideration, please specify desired salary range and attach your resume in PDF format to: email@example.com