Work Schedule/Days: Night/Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 40541
Provides polysomnographic testing to patients from newborn to 21 years of age consistent with accepted standards. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- 1 year of experience in polysomnography
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Independent judgment and ability to work without supervision
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work with others
- Independently performs diagnostic polysomnographic testing and scoring in accordance with accepted national standards to patients from newborn to 21 years of age, integrating emotional, psychosocial, educational, and growth and development needs of the patient and family.
- Monitors comprehension, understanding, and compliance of the patient and family.
- Identifies and corrects issues with testing technical quality.
- May assist with orientation of new staff and participate in quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives and is eligible to provide on-call coverage for staffing needs.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 27neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for fourteen consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Allied Health - Respiratory