- Efficiently identify, inspect, and deliver completed orders to guests in accordance to the specifications of each ticket. All guests are asked if there is anything else that can be provided to them when food is delivered to the table.
- Ensure that all appropriate condiments are provided or offered to guests without prompting.
- Perform final visual check of order before it leaves the kitchen or bar. Inform Chef or Manager of any incorrect food items before delivering to guest.
- Serve food and beverage at each table according to proper serving etiquette.
- Expedite orders in kitchen when necessary.
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of the bar to include all equipment, plates, cutlery and service utensils.
- Complete opening/closing side work to department standards.
- Have an in depth knowledge of items and be able to describe ingredients and preparation of each dish served and ability to answer questions on food/alcoholic beverage/coffee/tea selections for guest requests.
- Be engaged with guests and all interactions should be polite, helpful and professional.
- Ensure there is enough stock for the daily operations.
- Take ownership of direct guest’s requests, following through to completion of the request. Do not decline any guest request without offering alternatives.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, discreetly use guest name when possible and appropriate. Thank guests with genuine appreciation, discreetly using guest name when possible and appropriate.
- Be engaging with guests and exhibit a genuine sense of interest and concern for all guests.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Avoid slang and excessive use of phrase-fragments. Maintain a gracious tone and be polite throughout all interactions with guests and other staff members.
- Exhibit a discreet demeanor, attentive but not hovering or appearing to rush guests at any time.
- Maintain an accurate knowledge of resort restaurants, services, events, promotions, and amenities.
- Anticipate and address guests’ spoken and unspoken service needs, quickly and efficiently.
- Assist other members to quickly and efficiently serve guests and complete their job duties to ensure a positive guest experience. Duties include and are not limited to running food, bussing/resetting tables, sweep floors, maintain food/buffet options, and assist seating of guests when you find extra time.
- Maintain sections and dining space to include, bussing, cleaning and resetting of tables
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, tables, chairs, china, glass, silverware, etc., throughout the shift
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support your team to reach common goals.
- All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
- Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates including nametag.
- Maintain an alert position at all times, with no hands in pockets or folded arms; avoid excessive personal chatting amongst themselves; do not smoke, drink, or eat in the guests’ view.
- Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior, sexual harassment policies, and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
- Inform management of any necessary equipment, product needs or damaged supplies.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Significant portions of day require prolonged standing and moving, lifting or transporting materials up to 35 lbs such as trays, equipment, food items, etc.
Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time during course of shift.
Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodation
Able to stand and move about the Pool & Beach area for long periods
Able to work under varying and sometimes extreme weather conditions
Able to lift and carry weights up to 35 lbs
Significant portions of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Responsible for operating within hotel safety guidelines, including the safe and responsible operation of hotel equipment. Reports and addresses safety concerns as they arise. Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with hotel and department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent
Previous experience in a busser/food runner capacity required. Prior experience within a five star hotel brand preferred.
Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills:
Ability to learn and utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.
Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones, etc).
Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of additional language(s) preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.
The purpose of the position is to interact with our guests and ensure that they have a positive dining experience. Pool and Beach Food and Beverage Runners are responsible for positive guest interactions, while providing service in a friendly and efficient manner. Food Runners are expected to be attentive to our guests spoken and unspoken needs and make them feel welcomed, comfortable, important, and relaxed.