EvergreenHealth is seeking a Population Health Coordinator to join the well- established and dynamic Eastside Health Network team.
As a part of the population health team, the Population Health Coordinator is responsible for assigned care coordination and related administrative duties under the direct supervision of a team of licensed healthcare practitioners. Responsibilities for this role include patient education and outreach, follow-up phone calls for disease management, identifying patient care gaps, assisting in quality audits, and other duties as assigned.
1.Works in collaboration with the Quality Coordinators/RN Care Managers/RN Care Coordinators to support and coach patients through identifying or recommending in network, community based assistance, or support programs to help meet patient goals.
2.Participates in making follow-up phone calls to target populations as directed by care manager.
3.Reviews target patient lists or disease registries to identify low- and emerging-risk patients.
4.Conducts follow-up telephone calls to low and emerging risk patients to eliminate identified care gaps.
5.Assists with scheduling of care team visits to physician offices as needed.
6.Performs technical, administrative, and clerical duties.
7.Documents data and care in the population health care management system and maintains confidentiality.
8.Working under department management, with all health care professionals to ensure continuity and coordination of care for patients and families.
9. 9.Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
- REQUIREDfor the position:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience in health care, acute care hospital or ambulatory clinic
- Experience with electronic health record (EHR) system
- Must maintain license as appropriate to profession, if applicable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with HEDIS metrics
- Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to effectively and proactively complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and courteous manner
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing. Must be able to communicate with individuals and groups representing all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy & ability to work independently
- Exhibits dependability and good judgment skills
DESIREDfor the position:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Medical Assistant, or LPN
- Relevant data management and data analysis experience, including use of statistical methods
- Background in Quality Improvement principles and techniques
- Knowledge of data analysis