going to love it here. That’s a promise we make to both our residents and our employees. At American Campus Communities we are passionate about creating rewarding careers for our team members. As a Porter you’ll find a hardworking, motivating culture with unlimited potential for contribution and growth. Our commitment to job training and our promote-from-within approach means this entry-level opportunity can be as vast as your ambition.
As a full-time Porter, you will be responsible for the maintaining the interior and exterior buildings and grounds at a student housing community. Your meticulous upkeep of the grounds, common areas and amenities will enhance and maintain the property’s curb appeal.
We’re looking for a go-getter who can take initiative! Here’s what your typical day may look like:
- Cleaning the interior and exterior building and grounds while maintaining Basic Operating Systems & Standards
- Assisting maintenance team with work orders, moving furniture, and unloading and storing supplies
- Assisting with groundskeeping, pool maintenance and pressure washing
- Assisting with apartment make-ready duties including trash outs, cleaning and painting
- Vacuuming, mopping and/or shampooing floors in resident rooms and common areas; stocking bathrooms; and emptying trash in designated areas
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
Your background and experience needed to excel in this role should include:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training
- The ability to drive a golf cart and lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of general labor, housekeeping and cleaning tasks
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, including understanding and following MSDS rules for handling and use of any chemicals
- The ability to understand and carry out written or verbal multi-step instructions
- You may be required to participate in On-Call rotation in this position
ACC is now hiring, and we’re committed to creating rewarding careers for our team members from day one!