The primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacated apartments are converted to “market ready” status in a timely manner and according to Property Manager and Maintenance Lead timetable. Efficiency, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency in completing job tasks is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the maintenance of all public and common areas of the property in a clean, neat, attractive manner.
- Attend and participate in FAM, LLC technical training from Regional Maintenance Coordinator programs as required to maintain personal and professional skill level.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and repair irrigation (as defined by supervisor).
- Remove trash and debris from vacated units.
- Perform minor carpentry repairs.
- Replace smoke detector batteries and a/c filters.
- Remove nails, hooks, etc. from ceilings and walls.
- Clean spills and/or over-sprays.
- Caulk and seal around windows, sink areas, and bathtubs/showers.
- Repair/replace damaged sheetrock.
- Clean paintbrushes and other items once paint job is complete.
- Repair foundation/sidewalks.
- Perform landscaping duties.
- Pool care (as defined by supervisor).
- Remove ice and snow as needed.
- Abide by the company’s hazardous communication program and follow correct, safe work practices at all times.
- All other tasks as defined by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional attitude with prospects and residents.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Mold awareness.
- Asbestos awareness (if required).
- Knowledge of major appliances.
- Ability to work scheduled hours on a consistent basis and overtime as requested – 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday
No specific level of education is required. However, for safety and productivity reasons, the position requires the ability to read and write English or supervisor must verify the understanding of direction by physical observation.
No previous experience is required.
TOOLS, EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES USED
Position requires individuals to be able to provide and use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to: hand tools, pressure washers, shampooers, blowers, sandblasters, ladders, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment as outlined in the company’s safety policies.
Position requires individuals to wear company specified maintenance uniform apparel and safety equipment as required.
- Ability to transport a minimum of 50 pounds variable distances.
- Mobility and flexibility to use ladders and to access and work in confined spaces or at heights in excess of nine (9) feet.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures exceeding 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to personally perform general maintenance tasks without endangering themselves, residents, or fellow associates.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change; e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc. All employment decisions, including promotions, transfers and others, are based on meeting all requirements herein and on organizational need, the employee being in good standing, (including lack of disciplinary actions) and meeting all applicable performance/other criteria. The methods of fulfilling requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Some requirements, however, may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. FORESIGHT ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC MAINTAINS AN "AT WILL EMPLOYMENT" RELATIONSHIP WITH EMPLOYEES. This means that either the employee or the employer may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause and with or without notice.
"I have read this Job Description and it was discussed with me." "I certify that I can perform all essential job functions without a significant risk to the health or safety of myself or others that cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation."