This position is Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, or similar hours.
Our Post-Acute team provides medical services for various Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation, Long Term Care and Assisted Living facilities.
The Attending Physician is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care for patients in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status).
Essential Job Functions:
- Competently perform exams and complete assessments and treatment plan
- Perform History & Physical on all new admissions to skilled nursing facilities
- Adhere to Adfinitas policies for frequency of overseeing the care of and reviewing the notes related to specific episodes of care for patients of the skilled nursing facility.
- Facilitate the patients transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members.
- Supervise APPs as appropriate.
- Adhere to Adfinitas policies for frequency of patient visits.
- Submit accurate and timely charges for all professional services performed
- Average 15 patients per day
The ideal candidate will be geriatric fellowship trained or boarded in geriatrics. However, we will consider any physician with prior geriatric experience or is open to working in the post-acute setting.
- Board eligible/Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including use of email, are necessary in dealing with a variety of healthcare professionals, Adfinitas colleagues, family members, and patients.
- Team oriented attitude toward patient care.
- Demonstrate commitment to Adfinitas core values - Quality Care, Willingness To Do, Maintaining Personal Connections, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate commitment to high ethical standards and healthcare compliance.
- Skill in diagnosing and treating diseases.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Strong computer skills, including various EMR systems.
- Active State license
- DEA, state CSR
ABOUT US - ADFINITAS HEALTH
Adfinitas Health is a rapidly growing and multispecialty medical practice. Founded in 2007, we are a physician-owned and managed company, providing high-quality, cost-effective clinical management services across the full continuum of care in hospitals, critical care and post-acute facilities.
We recruit and train the best and brightest medical professionals and offer career advancement, leadership training and education, and the ability to practice at the top of ones license. Our physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants are supported by a dedicated team of business professional to ensure that the administrative and operational components of care are properly managed - allowing our providers to focus on patient care and quality improvement.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ADFINITAS
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, dental, vision, CME, 401k, ST/LT disability and life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Leadership and training programs available
- Malpractice insurance with tail, 100% company paid
- Cross-training opportunities
- Incentives for improved productivity and quality care
- Manageable caseloads
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Recognition of service outside of work
- Minimal call responsibilities
- Work/life balance
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
This is not a J1 eligible opportunity
Adfinitas Health is a government contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is Adfinitas Healths policy that all personnel-related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protected status.