Location: 1900 Ridgefield Blvd, Asheville, 28806
The Post Closing Specialist will receive and review closed loan packages. Forward closed loan packages to appropriate investors within designated time frames. Reconcile loan purchases and monitor investor updates.
Specific Job Functions
- Promotes the growth and prosperity of the bank by professionally serving the needs of customers
- Reviews and verifies loan closing documents for accuracy and completeness.Creates conditions for any corrections and/or documents needed and scans closing packages into Encompass
- Confers and consults with attorneys, branch office personnel and loan operations personnel on closed loans
- Initiates follow-up on problems with attorneys and/or loan operations personnel
- Manages correspondent lending pipeline within Encompass to ensure that all loans are shipped to investors prior to delivery expiration date
- Performs necessary tasks within Encompass in order to prepare the file to ship to investor
- Keeps current with each investor’s requirements for shipped packages
- Manages correspondent lending pipelines to ensure conditions are addressed and/or cleared within each investor’s time frame to prevent incurring suspense fees
- Checks for payments from investors, process payoffs and balance wires daily
- Submits servicing change letters to appropriate service providers after loan is purchased
- Transfers flood and MERS servicing via websites, after loan is purchased
- Receives trailing documents and verifies accuracy of the documents
- Manages the outstanding documents pipeline within Encompass to ensure that trailing documents are received in a timely manner.Ensure that trailing documents are handled appropriately for portfolio loans and correspondent loans
- Reviews all announcements from investors and update all applicable parties
- Retrieves information from files to answer internal and external questions regarding mortgage loans
- Cross-trains in other areas of the department when time permits
- Performs other duties as requested
Knowledge / Skills Required:
- Knowledge of all HomeTrust Bank Partnership mortgage loan products and services.
- General knowledge of Bank deposit services.
- Thorough knowledge of loan processing functions and related requirements and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Above average organizational and communications skills.
- Successful completion of in-house training program (if available) or approved outside training program.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations, including, but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA Patriot Act.
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to lending and consumer compliance, including fair lending laws.
Physical and Mental Qualifications:
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to understand and/or convey detailed instructions or ideas accurately and quickly if necessary.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Must be bondable.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and appearance.
- Ability to carry out detailed instructions and to resolve loan and or customer related problems satisfactorily.
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Technically savvy, detail and task oriented.
- Two to four year degree in business or related field. Knowledge of real estate or real estate law is necessary.
- A minimum of two years data entry experience and familiarity with loan operations are required.
- Two to four years-experience in real estate law office or bank mortgage closing department is preferred.
- Proficiency with calculator and computer, utilizing office applications.
- Good human relations skills in dealing with attorneys, title companies, and other business professionals.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities