The Division of Resource Economics and Management at West Virginia University invites applications for aPostdoctoral Fellow with a focus on land use and Food-Energy-Water (FEW) modeling. The position is funded by a research grant from The National Science Foundation (NSF) and will focus on examination of interdependencies between energy and agricultural markets, trade policies, and sustainabilityof water resources. The successful candidate will engage in analytical and empirical modeling of agricultural commodity markets with spatial land use and watershed management components. The ideal candidate will have i) strong quantitative training in mathematical modeling (GAMS), ii) ability to learn and work with watershed and land management modeling tools (e.g. EPIC/APEX or similar), and iii) experience in econometric analysis and Geographic Information Systems.Salary and Timing:The position offers competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes fringe benefits. Initial appointment is for 12 months with a possibility for extension for additional 12 months subject to satisfactory performance.
- A PhD in environmental/resource/agricultural economics (or closely related field).
- Experience with Mathematical Programing using GAMS.
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Ability to work with watershed simulation tools (e.g. EPIC/APEX or similar) is preferred.
- Familiarity with policy and economic issues surrounding energy and agricultural industries.
- Strong communication skills.
The review of applications will begin on October 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Please contact Dr. Levan Elbakidze at email@example.com with inquiries.