The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Post Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Ophthalmology. This position is responsible for aiding in the setup and design of noninvasive and traditional mechanical testing techniques of ocular tissues.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Experimental setup for both ex vivo and translational clinical projects
- Design of novel ophthalmic diagnostic and therapeutic tools
- Experimentation involving high frequency ultrasound elastography, signal and image processing of ocular tissues
- Experimentation and modeling involving the pressure-volume relationship of the eye
- Opportunity for clinical research if desired
- Collaborations with the WVU engineering department
- Preparation of manuscripts and patents when applicable
- PhD in electrical, mechanical or biomedical engineering.
- Experience in a research lab is desired. Preferably has worked on engineering projects involving signal processing or elastography in the past with publications and national presentations on projects.
- Strong skills with MATLAB, LabVIEW, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to take initiative on projects and problem-solve
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to write reports for publication
- Working knowledge of electrical/mechanical engineering and instrumentation
- Ability to understand purpose of research projects and suggest new experimental designs or technology
- Ability to manage junior researchers
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Competitive salary and benefits offered. For a complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit http://hr.research.wvu.edu and click on the “View Jobs” link. AA/EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/E-verify compliant employer