The psychological intern is responsible for conducting psychological assessments of children and adolescents. Intern psychologists oversee the evaluation process in a manner that ensures responsiveness to referral concerns, well supported conclusions, and clear communication regarding outcome and recommendations. They must demonstrate a knowledgeable base in developmental theory as well as exude strong clinical abilities and enthusiasm for a collaborative approach to treatment. Effective communication skills and a commitment to ethical standards are also required.
What would you do?
● Conduct Psychological Evaluations
○ Complete intake process and develop an evaluation strategy.
○ Administer appropriate assessment protocol consistent with professional and insurance guidelines.
○ Formulate diagnostic conclusions based on collected information.
○ Provide clear verbal and written communication of findings and recommendations within a timely manner to families.
○ Complete notes and reports within a timely manner.
● Support in-clinic and community collaboration
○ Meet Board Supervision expectations
○ Participate in clinical case study meetings bi-weekly, including leading and presenting cases as required by the Clinical Director.
○ Consult with ABS staff regarding mental health needs of ABA clients and their families.
○ Work to ensure a smooth referral process between in-house services and community partners.
○ Communicate effectively with parents, community partners, and treatment providers.
● Engage in professional conduct
○ Meet with the Clinical Director to discuss ABS policies and procedures regarding the psychological testing process and Supervision.
○ Participate in ongoing professional development efforts to ensure current understanding of best practices.
○ Follow ABS Policies & Procedures
○ Use ABS systems to manage client process and information.
○ Maintain quality requirements for services rendered.
○ Adhere to ethical guidelines as specified by the American Psychological Association.
○ Meet training requirements of ABS (HIPAA, CPR, etc.)
What do we offer?
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, HSA, vision, plus voluntary benefits like short term disability, life, accident, hospital indemnity, critical illness and pet insurance
- 401(k) plus company match
- Paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Referral bonus program
- Employee discounts and Employee Assistance Program including free legal and financial advice, free counseling support and much more
Employee Health and Safety
In response to COVID-19 ABS has adopted the following work environment initiatives to keep our patients, staff and families safe:
- Online training for incoming team members
- Virtual team meetings
- Providing face masks and hand sanitizer to staff
- Limiting gatherings in ABS centers with segmented physical spaces and social distancing
- Consolidated in-home scheduling minimizing staff / family interactions
- Telehealth for select services when possible
Who are we looking for?
● Critical thinking
● Interpersonal skills
● Communication skills
● Ability to Multitask
● High attention to detail
● Computer literacy skills including Microsoft Office and Google
Education and experience:
●Education: PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology
●Must hold a Provisional Psychology license in the State of North Carolina
● Physical activity such as standing, walking, reaching, bending and lifting objects up to 50 lbs. may be required