Brightpoint Health a member of theHudson River Healthcare offers a one-year professional training program at our Westchester Square location designed to prepare candidates for a successful career in community mental health.
The fellowship will begin as soon as possible. Consideration will also be given to candidates who complete their pre-doctoral internship by the end of August 2019.
Brightpoint Health offers an extraordinary opportunity for a qualified clinician to receive postdoctoral training in a diverse, community-based outpatient mental health setting. Training focuses on the accurate diagnosis and use of evidence-based treatment for children, adolescents, adults, and families. Clinical training and experience includes conducting semi-structured diagnostic assessments, individual, family, and group clinical work, participating in intensive interventions, didactics, comprehensive individual and group supervision, participating in integrative care on a multidisciplinary treatment team, weekly high-risk meetings, supervision of extern cases (with oversight and training in providing supervision), and possible opportunities for psychological assessment.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional clinical skills in the assessment and treatment of children through adults from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and diagnostic presentations, including but not limited to mood disorders, trauma, ADHD, and psychotic disorders. The position will provide postdoctoral clinical hours and supervision needed for licensure.
Our competitive compensation and benefits include medical insurance, 403(b), flexible work schedules, generous paid time off, as well as support for attending a professional conference or continuing education training.
- PhD or PsyD degree from an APA-accredited or CPA-accredited program in clinical, counseling, school-clinical, or school psychology
- Full completion of doctoral degree by the beginning of the postdoctoral fellowship
- Obtain New York State Limited Permit to practice psychology in order to begin the fellowship
- Successful completion of APA-accredited internship
- Flexibility in work hours to meet productivity goals and deadlines
- Team player and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships