We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As an Electrical Engineer on the Power Delivery team, you will be involved in a variety of electrical engineering projects including distribution, substation, and sub-transmission projects. Your involvement in projects will include all stages from planning and studies to design to construction administration. Experience with electrical distribution is required. Experience with substation design and protection and controls is a plus. In addition to technical and design aspects of projects, you will have the opportunity to serve as Project Manager, interact directly with clients, and interact with Olsson’s diverse internal teams that support electrical engineering projects. This role will include the opportunity for some travel to project sites and to attend client or project meetings.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- 4-15 years of engineering experience
- Must be a registered professional engineer or eligible within 1 year to receive professional engineer license
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Section 3 Residents are encouraged to apply for the position.
Who are Section 3 residents?
Section 3 residents are:
Public housing residents
Low and very-low income persons who live in the metropolitan area or non-metropolitan county where a HUD-assisted project for housing or community development is located.