The Energy Systems Group develops technology solutions that enhance the efficiency and resiliency of both tactical and domestic energy systems. This includes developing advanced architectures and system designs to improve the resiliency of power grids, developing new control techniques for microgrids and distributed energy resources, and the prototyping of advanced energy technologies to improve the endurance of soldiers and tactical vehicles. The group relies on a team of cross-disciplinary scientists and engineers to provide these solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Energy Systems Group has an opening for a Power System Engineer who will work with more senior members of the Group in a multidisciplinary team to develop simulation tools and perform analysis to address a broad range of technical problems of interest to the DoD, DOE, and other US government agencies. Technical areas include power grids, energy storage, and energy generation.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• BS plus 1-year minimum experience
• Familiarity with electrical distribution systems, power systems architectures, or cybersecurity for industrial control systems.
• Familiarity with electric power system terms, concepts, and standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with multidisciplinary teams, and demonstrated initiative.
• Must be willing to support occasional travel.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Experience with the electric power industry potentially including conventional thermal generation technologies, distributed energy resources (including renewable generation), transmission systems, or the ICS control systems that control the energy system and generation devices.
• Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, and/or LabVIEW.
• Experience in safe operation of high-power equipment in a laboratory environment.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans