At Honda Powersports, we design the highest quality powersports products for our demanding customers. These products create joy for our customers.
Honda RD Americas is currently seeking a Powersports Design Engineer to join the design group in Raymond, Ohio. The selected candidate would be a member of the design team responsible for component and/or systems and integrate into future Honda ATV SxS products. We are seeking a highly motivated individual that demonstrates strong communication, consensus building, and decision making skills.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead 3D designs and 2D layouts of vehicle systems and components for ATVs and SxS vehicles from initial concept to mass production.
- Produce 3D component layouts along with 2D drawings to communicate specification requirements and manufacturing control points.
- Collaborate with other design and test departments to achieve performance and function, while balancing cost, weight, and schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Honda Manufacturing facilities and suppliers, remotely and on location, to resolve issues during development.
- Use CAE or other simulation methods to validate design specifications.
- Create and manage a personal schedule for daily tasks and a development plan for responsible systems.
- Prepare development documents and presentations.
- Collaborate ideas and new technologies within specialized teams.