The Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for participating in a team of engineers responsible for the development of software for engine and transmission control modules. The Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer will perform software requirements analysis, design, coding, test plan creation, and testing for powertrain control features. Perform reviews and/or inspections for requirements, design documents, Simulink Models, C/C++/assembly code, and test plans. Create TargetLink Models. Interact with other department/vendors on eliciting requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, or other related Engineering degree.
- Minimum 2 years embedded C/C++ software experience (hand-coding), however, an advanced degree and/or academic research in a related field may count towards experience requirement
- Adherence to a defined software development process
New Preferred Qualifications:
- Powertrain software experience.
- TargetLink experience.
- Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow experience.
- Experience with Motorola/Freescale 32-bit processors.
- Experience adapting application software into vendor/OEM Software
- Experience with AutoSAR and/or dSpace's System Desk.
- Experience with Hard Real-time embedded applications.
- Familiarity with OBD II.
- Familiarity with microprocessor-based controls and development tools (emulators, debuggers, etc.
- Ability to managing supplier software requirements and working with module and software suppliers, participate in code reviews and testing of supplier driver software, traveling to supplier locations.
Embedded Software Engineer