Sutter Gould Medical Foundation (SGMF)is a non-profit, multi-specialty health care organization affiliated with Sutter Health. Based in Modesto, SGMF provides quality medical care, health education and research activities in a five-county area. SGMF's medical staff includes family practitioners, internists and pediatricians, as well as a range of specialist physicians. Services include imaging, nuclear medicine, a health library, health education programs, occupational medicine,diabetes education, nutrition counseling, infertility counseling, and weight management.
Receives, process and obtain all authorizations for required fee-for-service procedures for Sutter Gould Medical Foundation.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent,
- Medical terminology course required or comparable experiencerequired.
- Completion of MA course preferred.
- Requires previous experience reviewing medical chart, deciphering provider's chart notes and answering questions from medical review nurse in regards of previous medical treatment.
- Requires previous experience providing excellent customer service to patients, physicians, nurses, and insurance companies.
- Previous fee-for-service insurance billing experience preferred.
- Must have previous experience working in a physician office, either as a medical assistant or biller.
- Must have proficient knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of insurance billing in a multi-specialty medical group required.
- Must have a good understanding of Fee-for-Service and HMO insurance guidelines.
- Understanding and ability to use CPT, HCPC and ICD-9 codes when conversing with medical review nurses.
- Ability to practice established Sutter Gould Medical Foundation safety standards and maintain patient and employee confidentiality.
- Ability to review chart notes with medical review nurse and answer questions regarding previous medical treatment.
- Decision-making skills and the ability to organize and prioritize workflow.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be accurate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently operate a PC and other office equipment.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and ability to maintain a clear and safe work environment.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to Sutter Gould Medical Foundation customers, including physicians, nurses, patients insurance companies, co-workers and Sutter Health affiliates.
- Possess proficient communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance