PPS Quality Assurance Technician
A quality assurance (QA) technician is responsible for and assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) systems, inspecting product, and providing documentation. A PPS QA technician must be highly experienced in the methods of hand-making, modifying, and inspecting and packaging products produced in the PPS lab. The ideal candidate fosters a “quality culture” in which all employees become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality in both production and the finished product.
PPS QA methods include a visual and physical inspection of product attributes and variables prior to shipment. The quality assurance technician not only performs individual checks and/or tests on various products and services but is also responsible for maintaining the long-term continuity of production quality. The PPS QA technician will assist Advantage and KC leadership in developing a QA program that safeguards the quality and consistency of our products.
- To ensure quality delivery of innovation projects by owning and resolving Quality Assurance issues via the Quality Non-Conformance (QNC) process.
- Assist Advantage and KC leadership in developing a QA program that safeguards the quality and consistency of our products.
- Participate in Simple Problem Solving (SPS) as needed.
- Inform all talent about expectations and changes in quality standards and procedures.
- Attend project start-up meetings.
- Perform twice daily quality checks on each innovation job and a final inspect before product shipment.
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with members of management to develop new quality documentation, standards and educating talent accordingly.
- Computer data entry into EtQ and any other necessary quality documentation.
- Must be familiar with all of the PPS safety procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work with individuals from talent to management.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time effectively.
- Strong computer competence, including database management.
- Familiarity with EtQ.
- Advanced knowledge of all hand-make, modify and depend processes in the PPS lab which include: Diapers, Pads, Depend, as well as other projects or processes as defined by OS.
- Experience reading PPS project work instructions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices, and defect management practice.
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools.