Golin is looking for a Senior Manager for our Issues and Crisis Team. Ideal candidates are media-minded and have experience leading the development of communications strategy and content on behalf of a client or company confronted with a reputation-threatening crisis.
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Recently named PR Week's Global Agency of the Year and winner of a 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be Courageously Happy, and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, generous health and wellness benefits, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
- 5-7 years’ experience in an agency or in-house communications position
- Experience leading the development of communications strategy and content on behalf of a client or company confronted with a reputation-threatening crisis
- Experience serving in counsel to senior executives in a client or corporate communications setting
- Comfort and confidence in working calmly in high-pressure, high-leverage situations
- Ability to direct/lead teams in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience mentoring and growing younger professionals
- Familiarity with a broad suite of social media tools, including Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and others
- Demonstrated understanding of how content travels on social media, how people increase the profile and impact of their social media posts, and how certain types of content achieve “viral” status
- Ability to spot trends, monitor for emerging or active issues and “see around the corner” to predict what might happen next
- Proven ability to write simply, clearly and cohesively
- Curiosity about what constitutes and drives news, social media engagement and broader public interest
- Sensitivity to issues that affect clients’ reputations and brands
- Understanding and grasp of current events and national conversation around emerging socio-political issues like #MeToo, gun control, equal pay, etc.
- Experience working on political campaigns or with activist groups (e.g., environmental activists, food activists, etc.) a plus
- Experience working with retail accounts is preferred
- I’m a go-to leader. I know how to make things happen and how to clear hurdles for my team. I have a clear understanding of client priorities. I also understand internal client politics and dynamics and how that affects our work.
- I’m a creative thinker. I can look at challenges from different angles to get to the best solutions. I’m a story-teller who can influence not only the client but our internal team.
- I’m a utility player – I can write media strategy and pitch it but I’m also a business person who understands my client and what we need to do to deliver a strategy.
- I’m an adrenaline junkie. I love the pace of retail and working in the moment with shifting priorities and deadlines. I’m okay with grey and can help to create order out of chaos.
- My experience is grounded in traditional PR. While I understand an integrated approach and can stretch myself, the majority of my experience has been in executing communications strategies that help shape and influence public opinion.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.