Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Data Center Storage (DCS) Business Unit
The Data Center Storage Business Unit within Microchip designs enterprise class storage products to enable the world’s leading enterprises and data centers utilizing the latest RAID, Security, PCIe, NVMe, SAS, SATA, SDRAM, NAND technologies. As a member of the Applications Engineering team, a successful applicant will be involved in providing best-in-class technical support to our customers for one or more of the Data Center Storage products.Our Application Engineering Team is responsible for working closely with the Product Development, Product Validation, Marketing, and Sales Teams to provide best-in-class technical customer support. We provide technical support to assist in customer design wins, product ramp, and post production. We offer a challenging and dynamic working environment with opportunities to make substantial contributions toward the success of our business.
- Support, manage and resolve the technical issues related to DCS Hardware and Firmware/Software products
- Work closely with customers to define requirements, manage deliverables and support initial bring-up to full production
- Develop and maintain customer collaterals, custom firmware and diagnostic tools
- Recreate, collect, analyze, debug and root cause customer reported problems in a lab environment
- Develop and provide product training to customers and internal teams
- Travel within North America and internationally, as needed to work at customer sites to debug hardware and software products
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to support customers
- Work independently, and in a team environment
- Bachelors/Masters degree in EE, CS, or CE
- Minimum 8 years of experience in related fields
- Strong Hardware/Firmware design, development and debug skills
- Experience with Hardware debug & bring-up
- Experience in C programming
- Customer facing experience
- Experience with embedded debug tools
- Error correction algorithms such as LDPC, BCH etc.
- Device Driver, Chip development/debug skills
- Experience in the Enterprise Storage Industry
- Experience or knowledge in any of the following programming languages - Java, TCL/TK, Perl , Verilog, VHDL
- Experience in high speed signal Board Design (Schematics, Layout)
- Knowledge of High Speed Signal Integrity
- Performance measurement and analysis experienc
- Strong knowledge or experience in any one of the protocols or technologies (e.g. NVMe, PCI-Express, SAS, SATA, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, DDR, NAND Flash etc.)
- Experience with bench top equipment such as protocol analyzers/exercisers, logic analyzers, and other storage related test equipment
- Strong technical leadership, teamwork, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams and across multiple geographical locations
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.