Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip Technology is searching for a Principal Dev Ops Software Engineer. This individual will be part of the Marketing Communications Web Development team and will provide technical support by owning the continuous integration, system infrastructure, monitoring and performance optimization. Candidates for this position will implement our CI/CD pipelines that support development of microchip.com and ensure that the deployment processes and artifacts comply with company release policies. This position requires a strong understanding of business needs and web technologies to help evaluate and select appropriate tools to support the growth, vision and road map for the website.
- Manage, develop, build scalable CI/CD pipeline for test/stage/production environments along with managing software source code, branching & merging, configuration management, and build and deployment processes.
- Responsible for enterprise backup and recovery design and management.
- Run and maintain different product environments (dev, test, staging, sandbox, production).
- Troubleshoot servers during outages and with web latency response issues.
- Ensure appropriate standards, guidelines and best practices for Architecture, Design and Development.
- Bring technical expertise based on development experience, and make sound technical decisions to deliver high quality projects.
- Deploy applications, perform acceptance testing, and code reviews on similar applications including troubleshooting of release blockers such as infrastructure, configuration, and code.
- Manage servers upgrade, CMS maintenance/upgrade support and propose improvements to technical lead/manager and implement improvements.
- Participate in on-call rotations and working at a “hands on” level with technical support teams.
- Document and write best practices around CI/CD tools.
Required Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, software engineering, hardware engineering, or relevant degree.
- 5-7+ years of experience in technology solutions engineering, technical infrastructure, or technical operations.
- 3-5 years of experience required with cloud architecture, such as AWS, Azure and Google.
- 3-5 years of experience in an dev ops position responsible for managing infrastructure operations and application support.
- Strong experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Microsoft based systems: Azure cloud (setup automation for resource provisioning, services (App service, Azure SQL, storage), load balancers, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls in cloud environment; Active directory basics (authentication, users, groups, roles), CI/CD for .Net projects.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, Software architecture, Agile Scrum
- Experience in Enterprise level Content Management System (Adobe Experience Manager) a plus
- String Knowledge of Source control tools
- Cross-site coordination (Work experience with offshore development team is must)
- Familiar with traditional database technologies: SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, and security and encryption protocols
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high degree of flexibility and ability to adapt to change in direction
- Ability to work independently and be an effective problem solver and team player with a positive attitude
- Collaborate with designers and other project stakeholders on application and web enhancements
Team Work and Culture
The candidate must be culturally compatible with Microchip’s values and must be able to work with a good work ethic in a collaborative environment. Candidate needs to be proactive, customer-oriented, and be able to learn and adapt.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.