Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Principal Engineer - Physical Design
Microchip’s CAD Physical Design (PD) team is looking for a Principal Engineer to work on Full Chip APR/Physical Implementation (Netlist-to-GDSII). In this role you will be working as part of a worldwide team in all areas of Physical Implementation including APR of hierarchical, low power, multi-mode, multi corner mixed signal designs.
Qualified applicants will possess the following experience:
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of physical design flows such as floor planning, placement optimization, clock tree synthesis, routing, crosstalk avoidance and physical verification
- Advanced knowledge of place and route methodologies.
- Recent experience with leading full chip Physical Design activities.
- Advanced knowledge of VLSI logic principles, clock structures, and design timing closure.
- Advanced knowledge of sign-off tools for Static Timing Analysis, Formal Equivalence, Parasitic Extraction, Power Integrity, and Physical Verification is required
- Knowledge of and experience in UPF and Low Power design practices throughout entire physical design flow.
- Daily use of ICC/ICC2 or Innovus is preferred.
- Experience with 40nm or 28nm technologies is required, 16nm or smaller technology preferred
- Proficiency in Tcl and Perl scripting is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Self-motivated team player that can collaborate with multiple teams across a geographically diverse company to achieve desired design goals is crucial.
- 8-10 years of experience in Physical Design is required
- 10+ years of experience in Physical Design is preferred
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.