Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microchip Technology Inc. has a Principal Software Engineer opening based in Houston, Texas. The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and supporting Management Software APIs for server storage applications, including Host, web, FW, and BMC based environments. In this role, you will be working within a team of other software engineers delivering industry-leading storage products for the Enterprise and Data Center environments. You will work closely with hardware, ASIC, firmware, OS driver and test teams to help deliver complete solutions.
- Design, develop and unit test high quality application software and APIs within the formal SCRUM Agile process.
- Implement and manage project deliverables using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Apply in-depth or broad technical knowledge across one or more technology areas.
- Provide analytical support and analysis for projects and may lead projects or development teams.
- Provide time and resource estimates for assigned tasks and input into overall project timelines.
- Gather and analyze complex functional and business requirements and apply creative methods to solve customer and business problems.
- Identify areas for process improvements and provide subject matter expertise.
- Lead design activities and design solutions for team to implement features based on customer requirements.
- Document development code and architectural design changes and write specifications and technical reports.
- Demonstrate technical leadership, potentially assign work to others and exert influence outside of immediate team to contribute to strategic direction for success.
- Mentor and consult with immediate team members.
- Engage in discussions with vendors and customers to solve complex issues.
- Maintain and support applications, infrastructure, and information systems, and perform optimization, troubleshooting, and debugging tasks.
- Develop features for new generations of products as well as supporting current ones.
- Interface with other teams to build a complete software stack solution.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and organization.
- Deliver software applications that meets all customer requirements.
- BS with minimum of 8.5 years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; MS preferred.
- Proficient with higher-level object-oriented programming languages, such as C++, etc.
- Proficient with C programming language.
- Experience with BMC, and embedded environments.
- Experience in developing storage or related products.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux OSes and programming environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely comfortable working with others.
- Strong problem solving, hands-on debugging, lab skills and use of test equipment.
- Highly motivated and can achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Experience with Jenkins and VMware a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and with the formal SCRUM software development process.
- Experience with Python, Perl and other scripting languages a plus.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.