LEWIS is seeking a PR Intern to support its teams and truly experience what public relations is across a variety of industries in mainly the technology space. The Intern is exposed to real client and agency work from the beginning. This a great opportunity for anybody wanting to get a foot in the door at an award-winning agency and will be a solid foundation for a career in communications.
This is a six-month position where a thorough onboarding program is included. For stellar candidates, there is also a possibility of full time hire at the completion of the internship.
The company is an integrated creative marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. The company now ranks in the top 40 agencies worldwide and has 24 offices. Its success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets or services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, Digital Impact, Holmes Report, ICCO, PRCA and European Excellence.
Purpose of the role
As a PR Intern, you'll be given a hands-on role in the operations of a leading PR firm. This experience will be crucial if you are considering a career in PR or marketing communications.
Your role will be to provide general support to the PR executives in their daily duties with tasks including collaborating on research projects, report generation, media list development, speaking and awards opportunities, writing, as well as general account administrative tasks. You will be exposed to typical duties in a PR office environment with room for creative projects and critical learning experiences. Lots of energy and a great attitude are a must.
- Create and maintain media, event, award, influencer and editorial databases
- Research projects for team members to communicate findings to clients
- Produce client documents for media and analyst tours and other events, such as speaking opportunities
- Participate in campaigns to raise client brand and product awareness with press and influencer outreach
- Provide general support for agency projects, such as social media posts and new business research
- Bring proactive ideas and opportunities to the team to fuel your client’s objectives
- Gain an understanding of a client’s market by reading relevant industry publications and reporting any relevant findings to the team
- Provide coverage monitoring and reporting
- Carry out client and industry research
- Develop media lists, briefing sheets, meeting notation, etc.
- Learn how to write pitches and press releases
- Contribute ideas to PR plans and new business pitches
- Pitching client news via phone and email
- Participation in group brainstorms (pitch ideas, etc.)
- Tracking and gathering media clips
- Assist in writing press releases and media alerts
- Help creating media databases and editorial calendars
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must have a great work ethic and be resourceful
- Ability to handle working under tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Dedication to the position and pride in your work is necessary
- Up-to-date on social media trends
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a can do attitude
- An eye for detail and an ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to navigate and master social media and social networking sites
- Genuine interest in technology and technology companies
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.