The National Rural Water Association (NRWA) is currently in search of a talented and motivated PR/ Marketing specialist to join our Communications team. The team member will be help with day-to-day communication needs such as website maintenance, graphic design, publication layout, news releases, membership services and other related responsibilities.
The NRWA is a national non-profit organization dedicated to training, supporting, and promoting the water and wastewater professionals that serve small and rural communities across the United States. The mission of NRWA is to strengthen State Associations to better serve Rural America.
This position is located at NRWA headquarters in Duncan, Oklahoma.
Essential job functions
· Help maintain the NRWA website and other online presence and community
· Generate and distribute press releases.
· Create eye-catching promotional, marketing and PR material
· Develop member service packages and increase membership
· Coordinates event marketing strategies for online usage aligned with other outreach
· Works closely with other departments and state associations to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate activities
· Prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
· Researches current technology to stay up-to-date with latest trends and techniques
Job Description Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Strategic Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
· Strong writing and editing capabilities
· Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience building professional relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders
· Organized and extremely detail oriented
· Self-motivated with little supervision
· Incredible work ethic with professional demeanor
· Ability to work well as a team member as well as alone
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience
· Some travel will be required
· Adobe Creative Suite
· Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Word Press
· Video editing capabilities
· Competitive Salary commensurate of experience (starting at $48,000)
· Holiday Pay
· Personal Paid Time Off
· Paid Vacation Leave
· 401 (K) Plan
· Medical, Dental &Vision Insurance Plan
Please submit cover letter, resume and a minimum of two (2) examples of professional work.