At National Spine & Pain Centers (NSPC), our mission is to relieve pain and improve quality of life through personalized, accessible care. We currently are looking for a Practice Administrator to oversee the daily operations of our Germantown AND Frederick, MD offices.
In addition to maintaining effective clinical and administrative workflows, the Practice Administrator will ensure that quality services are provided consistently to meet the needs of our patients, providers and organization as a whole.
Working under the guidance of the Regional Director, this role will:
- Provide active leadership over all administrative and clinical staff functions and work assignments including patient scheduling, registration, insurance coordination, electronic medical records, patient care provision, standards of best practice, and supply ordering.
- Effectively supervise center staff and support providers by managing daily work schedules, ensuring optimum performance, creating and fostering a supportive work environment, and upholding all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, and staff training processes, as well as administer appropriate performance management (including development plans and disciplinary action).
- Ensure and maintain continuous compliance of all center accreditation and licensure regulations/guidelines, including supporting any related inspection procedures.
- Maintain fiscal awareness and understanding of center resources, drivers of costs, budgeting, and forecasting to maximize output and minimize expenses.
- Collaborate with providers, management, leadership, and other departments to support clinical compliance, operational advances, marketing initiatives, and other company directives.
- All other duties as assigned.
We require the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- At least five years of medical office and/or healthcare center management experience, preferably in a private practice setting; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of business/healthcare operations and standards of best practice, preferably those related to a specialty care provider.
- The ability to understand basic healthcare and financial measures as indicators of company performance including profit/loss, accounting for expenditures, labor expenses, utilization, patient satisfaction, and billing metrics.
- Knowledge of EMR and/or Electronic Practice Management systems and technologies, preferably Centricity and Modernizing Medicine.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- The capacity to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, while demonstrating resourcefulness and proactivity.
- Excellent organizational/multi-tasking skills with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service at all times by communicating effectively and professionally with a diverse population.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Authorization to work in the United States without requiring authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- A satisfactory background check inclusive of driving records, criminal records, employment references, education, social security, and OIG exclusions.
NSPC is the largest interventional pain management practice group in the country. We offer competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision insurance options, life insurance plans, employer-matched 401(k), holidays and paid time off.
We encourage all prospective candidates to learn more about NSPC by viewing our website at http://www.treatingpain.com.
If you would like to join our team, please apply clicking the “START YOUR APPLICATION” button located above/below this description. Please note that incomplete submissions will NOT be considered, and we are not able to respond to telephone requests for information related to our openings.
National Spine & Pain Centers is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.