Mercyhealth is seeking a Family Medicine Physician to join our expanding practice in Milton, WI!
Mercyhealth is an award-winning, multi-regional, integrated health system comprising 7 hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 85 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 55 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 125 specialty and sub-specialty services, including adult and pediatric critical care, neonatal intensive care, neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
Mercyhealth has been named a “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Healthcare – 2018 & 2019!
- Join a growing Outpatient Family Medicine Practice!
- Collaborate with 2 Family Medicine Physicians, a Nurse Practitioner and a Physician Assistant
- The Mercyhealth Milton Medical Center includes a full Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Lab & X-Ray!
- Call will be very minimal and shared among Mercyhealth south-central region Family Medicine Physicians
- Schedule can be flexible; we promote and support a private practice model!
- Because we provide a robust Hospitalist program, admissions and rounding are not required
- No restrictions on procedures - build the practice to your specifications (including OB!)!
- Opportunity to be involved with our established Mercyhealth Family Medicine Residency Program - Janesville!
- Admitting hospital is Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center - Janesville, located just 9.4 miles from the Medical Center
Full Time Compensation & Benefits:
Mercyhealth offers a highly competitive base salary guarantee (based on MGMA guidelines) leading to an incentive-based compensation the first year, along with an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid CME, malpractice and licensure!
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for Physician and family!
- 100% match on 4% retirement plan contribution + additional discretionary 2%!
- Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance paid 100% by Mercyhealth!
- 25 days of PTO (+ 6 system-recognized holidays) during guarantee for a full-time Physician!
- Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness available!
Originally named Prairie du Lac, Milton was settled in 1838 by Joseph Goodrich, who built an inn, the Milton House, at the intersection of two trade routes. The Milton House is today one of the oldest poured grout structures in the United States. A noted abolitionist, Goodrich is known to have aided fugitive slaves escape to freedom via the Underground Railroad. It is believed that Milton is named after poet John Milton, author of "Paradise Lost," after a settler remarked that the town was his "Paradise Regained" after leaving his previous home, which he thought of as a paradise lost.
Today Milton is a growing, family-friendly community which prides itself on local community events and supporting local school sports teams. The population was 5,546 at the 2010 census. Milton is included in Rock County and is just about 35 miles to Madison, WI.