Does the word “versatile” fit you to a T? Do the roles of consultant, coach, project manager, and strategist describe the contributions you’ve made in your business career? We are looking for someone with the capability and credibility to interact with our network of sophisticated independent financial advisors, helping them thrive in their own businesses with Commonwealth’s support.
- Responding to complex advisor practice management challenges and issues with passion and creativity
- Engaging with advisors to address their most pertinent business issues, including business strategy, leadership, human resources, operations, marketing, business risk, growth strategies, business transitions, and partnership formation or dissolution
- Establishing long-term relationships with firms to help them progress toward their goals
- Taking a thought-leadership role in a practice management area of interest
- Leveraging strong problem-solving skills and experience to find solutions for scenarios that are outside of the norm or unique to the firm
- Identifying and developing strategies to help advisory firms make greater use of Commonwealth’s offerings, such as technology, operational efficiency resources, wealth management services, and compliance guidance, as well as practice management consulting
- Offering ideas and suggestions that support the team’s commitment to providing and improving upon value-added services
- Presenting at Practice Management programs and Commonwealth conferences, as requested
- Writing for the Commonwealth Business Review and the Commonwealth Independent Advisor blog, as requested
- Creating documents and integrating value-added projects to help firms learn about critical practice management issues
- 5+ years of experience in a practice management role
- 10+ years of overall experience in the financial services industry
- Consulting experience
- Broad and deep knowledge of the issues facing small business owners and financial advisors
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA (or strong desire to pursue) a plus
- FINRA Series 7 securities registration
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry, the RIA and broker/dealer landscape, and general business management issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure
- Ability to work as both a collaborative team member and an individual contributor; strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening and follow-up skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-demand, dynamic environment
Have we piqued your curiosity? Can you see yourself thriving in this opportunity? Let’s introduce ourselves.
About Commonwealth—and Our Anything but Common® Culture
Commonwealth Financial Network® is the largest privately held Registered Investment Adviser–independent broker/dealer in the U.S., with offices in Waltham, Massachusetts, and San Diego, California. Since 1979, we’ve been delivering indispensable service to independent financial professionals so they, in turn, can put their clients first. Our technology, research, resources, and support—plus a variety of affiliation models—deliver what today’s independent advisors need to thrive.
That being said, we are a financial services company with a unique mission—one that encompasses purpose, vision, and core values in equal measure. Staying true to these guiding principles is the reason we are recognized so often and by so many for the quality of life we enjoy here. We believe it directly translates to a better experience for everyone: employees, advisors, clients, and our communities.
Creating a supportive culture where everyone can thrive is a mission we take seriously. From professional development to comprehensive benefits, grassroots leadership opportunities, generous bonus and stock option incentive plans, opportunities to unwind and connect, and so much more, Commonwealth is not just a great place to work—it’s a place that, for many, feels like home.
Commonwealth Financial Network® is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce.