Practice Manager, Operations
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, progressive environment? Are you looking to evolve as a leader, learning from those around you? The role of Practice Manager could be for you!
Heartland Dental is looking for a reliable, hard-working individual to provide supervisory support for 1 -2 of our supported offices. In this entry-level management position, you’ll utilize your team-building and communication skills to their fullest. The right candidate will be organized and have the skills necessary to multitask effectively and efficiently. You’ll be a key point of contact for dental team members, while acting as liaison between the supported office and our Home Office. Therefore, this position is especially important for ensuring messages are delivered to the supported office team in a timely and consistent manner.
In addition to exceptional communication and organizational skills, the ideal applicant will lead in a positive, yet productive way. He or she must have the ability to thrive under pressure and work well with others. This role helps shape the dynamic of the supported office.
This position reports to the Regional Manager of Operations and partners directly with the supported dentist(s) of the practice.
With more than 1,000 dental offices supported across 37 states, over 10,000 team members and over 1,600 supported doctors in our support, Heartland Dental has a proven track record of growth and success. We’re looking for professional individuals who are open, positive and mentally flexible to join our network of support.
Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on in this role:
- Lead by example, coach and train team to provide exceptional patient experiences.
- Maintain focus on a productive schedule that supports dentists and hygienists as they deliver high quality patient care and exceptional experiences.
- Work within budget guidelines to maintain supported office profitability.
- Manage accounts receivables including timely and accurate insurance claim processing and patient billing.
- Assist patients with applying for credit and other financial assistance.
- Coordinate daily team huddles, weekly team meetings and quarterly practice business meetings.
- Provide ongoing feedback, training and annual performance & salary reviews for team members within the practice.
- Serve as the point person for office management duties including:
- Office cleaning and maintenance
- Verify practice invoices
- Verify and submit payroll
- Clinical and non-clinical supplies ordering
- Schedule team members to ensure adequate shift coverage and facilitate requests for time off.
- Serve as the liaison between Heartland Dental headquarters Support Offices) departments, including:
- Human Resources
- Accounts Payable
- Employee Relations
- Maintain protocols and guidelines as they relate to patient privacy (HIPAA) and team member safety (OSHA).
- Assist in the interviewing, on-boarding and training of new hires.
- Completion of one of the following: 3 to 5 years of managerial experience OR Associate degree with 2+ years of relevant experience OR Bachelor degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience. Proven business insights and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfort with presenting to various audiences
- Strong social skills, with the ability to connect from entry-level team members and supported dentists, alike
- Maintain strong organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve and be solution focused
- Monthly travel required, sometimes including flights and overnight stays
- Goal focused
- Healthcare experience, preferably in the dental space
- Experience leading others, preferably in a supervisory or shift manager capacity
- Prior experience with dental management software (Dentrix) preferred
- Experience reading or acting on financial reporting (e.g. Profit & Loss statements preferred)
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.