Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Pre-Construction Engineer is entry level and typically filled by an upcoming or recent college graduate. This position will be responsible for creating the best energy management solution for our customers. To do this, the candidate will have the opportunity to learn about building management, security management, and network management solutions. They will also learn how to tender manage customer RFP's (request for pricing) by coordinating bid requirements, such as material cost, labor, subcontractor, proper risk mitigation and proposal presentation. He or she will interpret plans, specifications, and develop solutions that maximize profitability and add value for the customer while adhering to the company's quality and approval processes.
This role works under direct supervision of a remote Pre-Construction Manager. Collaboration with sales and operations is critical to the delivery of a complete package for our customer. In addition, this role will attend and eventually conduct various meetings throughout the project, including hand-off and design review.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Tender Manage customer requests for pricing (RFPs)
- Attend and run pre-bid meetings, and site walk-throughs for potential projects
- Review and interpret customer specifications/drawings to ensure quote is technically compatible and competitive
- Understand, analyze, document, and communicate technical terms and conditions relative to the company standard
- Develop detailed scope letters and optimal system designs
- Prioritize assigned projects in order to meet sales schedule
- Maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships
- May travel for exposure to learn effective sales techniques and design construction
This job might be for you if:- Four (4) year Engineering college degree required
- Knowledge of contract documents, drawings, and specifications desirable
- Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills, and ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Should be proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Process and detail oriented
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.