Director of Pre-K and Kindergarten
The mission of the Pre-K/Kinder Director is to increase the overall school enrollment of 150 scholars. Also ensuring that all Beta Pre-K/Kinder scholars are prepared to be academically, socially and emotionally successful in elementary school.
- Decrease the retention rate for kinder/first grade scholars.
- Scholars are prepared cognitively, socially and emotionally for kindergarten as evidenced by the Texas Kindergarten Entry Assessment.
- Stay within budget - No loss of revenue due to the Pre-K/Kinder program
- 97% ADA in preschool program
- Enroll at least 75 Pre-K3 scholars and 75 Pre-K4 scholars by August 2019.
- Maintain Full Enrollment of 95% or higher in Pre-K/Kinder Program
- Only a 15% Attrition or higher
- 90% of Pre-K & Kinder scholars re-enroll
Organization & Planning - Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
Work Ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
High Standards- Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
Proactivity- Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
Persistence- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Creativity/Innovation - Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
1. Mission, Vision, and Core Values
• Ensures vision and mission drive school decisions
• Ensures a professional and college preparatory climate across the campus
• Confronts low expectations
• Builds a culture of high aspirations and achievement for every scholar
• Implements Beta rituals, routines, celebrations and dances that ensure a culture of joy and academic success
• Requires staff and scholars to demonstrate consistent values and positive behaviors aligned to the school’s vision and mission
• Leads a school culture and environment that successfully develops leaders
• Upholds a culture of honor and strong discipline
2. Leading and Managing Systems and Operations
• Develops, implements and monitors outcomes of school improvement plan and scholar achievement data to improve scholar learning
• Creates and maintains a safe, clean, orderly learning environment
• Collaborates with staff to achieve school improvement plan targets
• Utilizes current technologies to support leadership and management functions
• Aligns resources to improve teaching and learning
•Ensures that proper equipment, furniture, and fixtures are provided to support scholar learning and teacher effectiveness
• Updates social media regularly
• Scrutinizes facility wear and tear and makes recommendations as to facility improvement (i.e., carpet replacement, exterior and interior paint, turf, etc.)
• Recognizes problems and impediments and assists with constructive resolutions
• Acts as the custodian of records for student, scholastic, business, financial, personnel, securities, titles, certifications, etc.
• Adheres to the requirements of ESSA
• Acts as the Title 1 Coordinator
• Oversees attendance, grades/report cards, and scheduling
• Responsible for all operational aspects of new campus start-up
3. Scholar Enrollment
• Oversees enrollment at school site and, as required, leads the enrollment process by working with the school leadership, registrar, secretaries, teachers, and staff to meet enrollment targets
Implements and Oversees marketing campaigns
• Schedules and hosts parent interest meetings(weekly until enrollment goal is met)
• Ensures enrollment and capacity expectations are met
• Ensures campus maintains > 97% daily attendance and timelines
4. Improving Teaching and Learning
• Seeks out and participates in educational and professional development and motivates and encourages such developments for staff.
• Works with and engages staff in shared vision for effective teaching and learning by implementing Beta curriculum and having high expectations for scholar learning
• Implements curricular scope and sequence
• Creates continuous improvement cycle
• Implements whole brain teaching practices across campus
• Implements hands-on and engaging learning across campus
• Implements interactive scholar notebooks
• Uses disaggregated data to coach teachers
• Selects and retains teachers that maximize student learning
• Ensures high standards of educational achievement for staff and scholars
• Evaluates the effectiveness of teaching and holds teachers accountable
• Provides staff evaluations and identifies areas of opportunity for individual growth
• Plans professional development for teachers that enhances student learning
• Promotes use of technology to enhance student learning
5. Building and Maintaining Collaborative Relationships
• Creates, develops and sustains relationships that result in active scholar engagement in the learning process
• Utilizes meaningful feedback of scholars, staff, families, and community in the evaluation of school programs and policies
• Hosts family nights, proactively engaging families and communities in support of student learning and school learning goals
• Strengthens collaboration with other schools, as well as local, regional, national and international communities
• Develops professional learning networks within schools, as well as local, regional, national and international communities
• Establishes presence in the community for outreach and recruiting purposes.
• Assists in the development of community and strategic partnerships
• Acts as community liaison with community groups, individuals, businesses, and elected officials
6. Leading with Integrity and Professionalism
• Treats all people fairly and with dignity and respect. Protects the rights and confidentiality of scholars and staff
• Demonstrates personal and professional standards and conduct that enhance the image of the school and the education profession
• Creates and supports a climate that values, accepts, and understands diversity in culture and point of view
• Ensures due process and legal compliance regarding all scholar disciplinary actions
• Assists in communicating company policies and procedures
• Promotes understanding within the organization and across the school operations
•Adheres to and enforces board policy, school guidelines, and administrative directives
•Complies with the Procedures Manual, Employee Handbook, Scholar Handbook and Scholar Code of Conduct
• Establishes and maintains professional and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders: parents, scholars, staff, neighbors, and partners
•Promotes and maintains a positive and effective school climate by ensuring that all interactions with staff, scholars, parents, and the public at large are prompt, efficient, helpful and friendly
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal