- Pre-Kindergarten/Early Childhood/Teacher
Holy Rosary, Edmonds
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with a focus in Early Childhood Education
- Valid Washington State teaching certificate with an endorsement in early childhood education or early childhood special education preferred
- Meets the Washington state STARS requirements or completes STARS training before starting the position
- Minimum of 2 years successful teaching experience
- Demonstrates successful classroom management
- Demonstrates successful use of instructional strategies with diverse student populations
- Demonstrates successful use of ongoing assessment (ie developmental checklists) to drive student learning in an early childhood setting
- Have a deep commitment to and passion for research-backed teaching practice, expertise in child development, love and respect for young children and their enormous capabilities, and interest in serving in an innovative and evolving school community.
- Strong English writing skills for parent communications and daily documentation
- Pass Background check
- Current CPR Card
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certification for Educators
- Current HIV/AIDS and Blood borne Pathogens training
- Three letters of reference
Principal, collaborates regularly with other Pre-Kindergarten teacher and assistant.
The Pre-Kindergarten teacher will work collaboratively with the Pre-Kindergarten teacher assistant to successfully run a classroom with a total of 15-20 children. The Pre-Kindergarten teacher will foster a distinctly Catholic, developmentally-rich learning environment for all students, promoting all aspects of early childhood development (social-emotional, fine motor, gross motor, cognitive, language, literacy, mathematics, etc.).
- Plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned to the Archdiocesan curriculum and the Washington State Early Learning and Developmental Guidelines.
- Incorporate developmentally appropriate daily classroom activities and home learning tasks.
- Regularly evaluate and document student progress towards Kindergarten readiness using a standardized developmental checklist.
- Provide daily care and supervision of children enrolled in the program, work directly with families, and collaborate with building leadership.
- Ensure safety and well-being of all children enrolled in the program at all times.
- Actively build relationships with individual parents to support their child’s development and learning and meaningfully engage all families in the school and greater school community.
- Compose and communicate weekly reflections of school experiences to serve as email/hardcopy communications with families
- Maintain a physical environment that is clean, safe, orderly, and conducive to optimal growth and development of children.
- Attend trainings and staff meetings as required.
- Maintain the school facilities in compliance with the Washing state Department of Early Learning child Care Licensing Rules.
If you feel that you would be a good candidate, tell us why in a well-worded cover letter. Please send or email your letter and resume along with 3 professional references to Susan Venable, principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants must also complete the Applitrack application through the Archdioceses at https://www.applitrack.com/seattlearch/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1