Welcome to Pathways of California’s career website! If you are passionate about helping others and enthusiastic about your future, we want you to join our team!
Our company is known for an unwavering commitment to exceptional value and recovery-focused, quality care. We are experts in the field of behavioral health care, providing cutting-edge mental health and substance use community-based services and offer a dynamic employment experience! Pathways offers competitive salaries and benefits, comprehensive on-boarding and job training, a supportive learning environment, ongoing education in the use of evidence-based, promising practices and much more! We are well-known in the field and have been a preferred provider in the Southern California region for over 20 years partnering with local government agencies and managed care companies to offer personalized, integrated care to community members of all ages, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds. You will find that we have several openings ranging from administrative to clinical positions in a variety of service areas and settings in Southern California. Join one of our Pathways companies, Pathways Community Services (PCS) and/or College Community Services (CCS) and experience it for yourself! We have over 30 outpatient behavioral health locations nestled throughout our communities located in Kern County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Diego County.
Pathways is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as a Pre-Licensed Therapist for our CCS Adult Program in Anaheim.
Anaheim Adult Recovery Center
Provides recovery oriented services for Medi-Cal eligible adults (18 and over) with a serious and persistent mental illness living in Orange County. Consumers are referred through the Orange County Health Care Agency. Services provided are coordinated, effective and comprehensive. The Recovery Center provides Evaluation & Assessment Services, Psychiatric Treatment Planning, Psychiatric Follow-Up Care, Individual & Group Therapy, Crisis Intervention, Intensive Case Management, Medication Support, Family Support & Education, Recreational & Clubhouse Activities, Vocational & Educational Support, Referrals to Community Resources, and Weekly Consumer Advisory Board Meetings.
Ensure mental health treatment services are provided in a way that maximizes client independence and family empowerment. Provide individual and group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Masters degree from accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related field
- Must be registered as a MFT Intern or Social Worker Associate
- Proof of: valid California driver’s license and auto insurance, as well as proof of education are required
- Minimum of two years experience with mental health patients (inpatient and outpatient)
- Must have direct clinical, case management experience and knowledge regarding rehabilitation philosophy
- Strong clinical and interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal skills
- Intermediate PC skills required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Provides crisis intervention consultation and other activities directly related to the interventions process
- Provides individual (adult), group and family therapy
- Provides occupational, education, and other information to enable individual to formulate realistic educational and vocational plans
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Participates in program development and staff in-services
- Participates in staff meetings as required
- Performs administrative functions consistent with the needs of the program
- Conducts counseling or therapeutic interviews to assist individual to gain insight into personal problems, define goals, and plan action reflecting interest, abilities, and needs
- Documents in medical record according to requirements of company and regulatory agencies
- Evaluates data to identify causes of problem of individuals and to determine advisability of counseling or may refer to other specialist or institutions
- Maintain and ensures HIPAA, ethical standards and professional boundaries with all staff and clients
- Follows up results of counseling to determine reliability and validity of treatment used
- May be required to provide a minimum number of hours weekly, as specified by supervisor or director
- May provide consultation/education to community service clubs, organizations, school districts, human service agencies, hospitals, and various county departments
- May provide linkages to intensive interventions to develop skills aimed at mediating the effects of mental crisis, trauma, or depression
- May teach various educational classes (parenting, domestic violence, anger management, etc.) and provide on-site therapy in schools
- Monthly Productivity Requirement is 100 hours or as determined by supervisor/program
- May be required to spend up to 80% of time counseling individual (adult), group and families; students or working with parents/caretakers on and/or off-site
- Transport clients to accommodate community relationships. Use of personal car or vehicle is required
- May handle as assigned of On-Call Phone / After Hours duties
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to support the client, program and the company
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.